Program: 憧れの職業 Personality: Chiy Chiy
Slow Speed with Pauses
Natural Speed with Pauses
Title: The Longed-for Occupation Personality: Chiy Chiy
And now, 10th place.10th place, again I thought “what is it?” 10th place is nanny. Nanny, what?*1 (Laughter) Sorry. Yes. Nanny, what on earth is this?*2 This I truly didn’t understand. As expected, I had to check into what this nanny was (laughter). I wondered what kind of thing, what kind of occupation this is. It looks like this job temporarily looks after and takes care of children instead of a parent. It’s a little different from a babysitter; this occupation teaches things like discipline and studying. Yeah, there have been many occupations recently making you think “Um!?” or “Really!?” Yes.
Notes: Japanese Grammar and Vocabulary
1. She keeps saying 「ナニーって何―？」 or “what is a nanny?” This is a pun in Japanese because 「何―」 and 「ナニー」 have the same pronunciation. Also, she elongates the word 「何」 for emphasis and to make it sound more like “nanny”.
2. 「なんだこりゃ」 is equivalent to 「なんだこれは」. It has a more casual touch and is a little more emotional of an expression.
Would You Like to Have a Native Tutor Guide You?
Since we are providing online lessons, you can learn Japanese with native speakers and our well-designed curriculum from anywhere in the world. Our lessons are;
- -One on one lessons for 50 minutes once a week
- -JPY5,800 (USD 47 or EUR 42 -20th June 2015) per month
- -Continuous support from the same tutor
- -Regular lesson time selected by users
We can be sure that your Japanese will enhance further. Please join in Wasabi today via the following.